Featured Post

Reflection of My Thoughts, Poems by Srishti Sharma



Very often in our quest for reading poetry, we tend to look only for famous works but what we don’t realise is that words of young writers can be just as touching and emotional too. Srishti Sharma is one such poet who writes heartfelt verse in both English and Hindi and you can feel the emotions of her words that have poured out of her heart.

Compunction

I am a changed Person
I am the only reason for those changes
A change called disaster or destruction
Yes! It was no less than that
I wish it was a nightmare
But it is a bitter truth
inked to the blank pages of my life
Inerasable, incorrigible
Just to be accepted the way it is
I am a sinner, I have only one way
That’s compunction
I am stained with slander
I can’t wash them away, anyway
I am a criminal even if I accept it or not
I will be tainted with despair and disappointment
I have murdered their faith and hope
I left them hopeless when they believed
me to be the best
I was their pride and I bumped their
expectation into ashes
I am so unfortunate
I have no words to apologize
For I wasted too much explaining my
Unproven story
I can just gather my broken pieces
I know I cannot be whole again
because I have lost most of the pieces
way back
It’s hard to be original as I was
But somewhere I hope and believe
I can




It Slays

Sometimes my heart inclines
To the things that are actually fine
The proper perfectness around
That actually don’t surround
What ingredients do we need?
To create it and to breed
What is that one thing beneath?
That no matter what
It just doesn’t reveal
I’m desperately in search of healing
The pain in me isn’t relieving
I give it tremendous attention
And yet it leads to destruction
Shall I try to find a remedy
Shall I let it dry over
Shall I leave it empty
To care and not to bother about
It isn’t just to whisper or shout
But the fact that it’s existence
Stays and stays
And despite all efforts
It devours us and slays